Rotorua is famous for their geothermal pools, ie. hot springs and the smell of sulphur. At first, the smell does not bother me, but around Day 2, it becomes a little too much. The North Island also inhabits the majority of the Maori tribes. To get the Maori Experience, I visit Whakarewarewa Village.
Thermal Spas & Cookers
Welcome to the Maori village – Tewhakarewarewatangaoteopetauaawahiao. It’s a mouthful indeed, hence the short form “Whakarewarewa”.
- Australia vs New Zealand
- Lake Tekapo & Queenstown: Serene Lake Towns
- Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park: A Majestic Journey
- Fox Glacier & Punakaiki: Natural Phenomena
- Wellington & Tongariro Crossing: Mt Doom & Chocolate Milk
- Hobbiton: The Magical Movie Set