You are known for good food – for Okononiyaki, Tako-yaki, Kushikatsu, Kaiten-sushi, Kappo-ryori. Unfortunately, this food list is not very vegetarian-friendly. Regrettably, I cannot rave about your most prized feature but I will perhaps feature on the vegetarian food that I have had.
By this time during my trip, I need some down time, so I skip out on museums and castles, and opt to go on nature walks. Below is a list of activities I do and don’t. The don’t list consists of popular attractions so if you’re in Osaka, you should look into those.
What I do:
- Watch boats go up stream for the Tenjin Festival
- Visit Dotonburi district
- Visit Shinsaibashi & Amerika-Mura
- Watch sunset on top of Umeda Sky Building
- Hike to Minoh Falls
- A day trip to Nara
- A day trip to Kobe
- Cycle to Osaka Castle
- Experience a public bath (sento)
- Visit Kuromon Market
- Eat at vegetarian restaurants
What I don’t:
- Eat the delicious essential Osaka foods
- Go inside the Osaka Castle
- Visit Universal Studios
- Go on the Giant Ferris Wheel
- Visit Abeno Harukas, the tallest building in Osaka
- Visit the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan
- Play Pokémon Go
My highlights are going to a public bath and going on a day trip to Nara. Find out why later!