Auckland: most populous city in New Zealand.
I realize I’m a city girl and I am city deprived when I get to Auckland. People. Skyscrapers. Traffic jams. It is a relief to see the hustle and bustle of life. I let myself absorb this epiphany, and hence there are not many photos of Auckland.
I have nothing planned for Auckland except to meet a friend, Bu. This post is dedicated to Bu.
Bu and I met at the Sydney airport and we hit it off during the 10 min bus ride from domestic to international airport. Must’ve been my secret weapon – almond nuts and raisins – that bound us together. When I came to visit to Auckland, I contacted her and she was very kind to take me around! Thank you, Bu.
On my own, I walk to Mt Eden, a beautiful view of the city.
New Zealand is a geological wonder – mountains, volcanoes, craters, thermal hot springs, beaches, caves, rocks… I know I need to go back someday and spend some quality time there.
Until next time, my friend.
- Australia vs New Zealand
- Lake Tekapo & Queenstown: Serene Lake Towns
- Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park: A Majestic Journey
- Fox Glacier & Punakaiki: Natural Phenomena
- Wellington & Tongariro Crossing: Mt Doom & Chocolate Milk
- Rotorua & Maori Experience: Thermal Spas & Cookers
- Hobbiton: The Magical Movie Set