New Year. Time to reflect. This post is for myself.
- Items that are crossed off means “well done, Tiff, keep on doing them”.
- Items that are not crossed means “continue working on them next year, remind yourself frequently.”
I’m publicizing this because some of them (with *) may involve you and I hope we can make this happen.
Resolutions of 2014:
Keep in touch with family / Write one blog post a week Keep in touch with friends / Call one friend a month
- Reduce media distraction /
Watch TV less; Go on Facebook less Maintain physical health and increase cardio / Jog in the morning, daily if possible; hike lots; sleep early
- Maintain dental health / Floss daily;
reduce sugar intake
- Work on core / Do ab exercises
- Reduce carbon footprint / Transport by bike;
walk when possible Engage the mind / read a book a month
at work / Review progress frequently, make suggestions, improve, repeat.
Additions for 2015:
- Maintain iron levels / Eat leafy greens, nutty foods, legumes
- Plan WCT / Set dates for overnight hiking; *recruit mates; plan for 2016
- Make films / Revive my YouTube channel; *interview one interesting person a month
- Excel at work / Be myself – more sociable, more inquisitive
- Work on core / Do not sit all day at work; get up once an hour
- Improve mental efficiency / Think less, do more; photoshop photos more quickly
- Be a better cousin (or everyone’s favourite cousin, haha)/ *Spend time with cousins; email cousins abroad once a month
- *Engage with the community / Start a meetup group that promotes locals and foreigners to come out and bond/hike; or start a meetup group for emerging female programmers/techies (WordPress), one that welcomes both sexes similar to the WordChicks Meetup in Melbourne; or participate in an existing one.
Steps for actualizing a resolution:
- Write it down
- Read it
- Memorize it
Resolutions: you only have yourself to report to. If you fail, try again. Don’t be harsh on yourself, but don’t be slack. One of my favourite quotes that I live by is “Progress, not Perfection”, so go ahead, be realistic, set goals, and achieve!
If you have resolutions you’d like to share because it helps you actualize them, feel free to comment!